Monday 6 June 2016

Hey, I won something!

Ol' Abdul, In the flesh...

So, one of the better 40k Facebook groups I'm a member of, The Emporium of Rogue Dreams, recently had a competition to create a model, background story and statline for Abdul Goldberg, a recurring Hero/Villain/Adversary from the Scenario Creator in the Rogue Trader Rulebook.

If you're a regular here, you'll see I did this a while ago, *here*, and I entered it into the competition. Due to a freak current in the Warp, the organisers of the competition managed to get the ever illustrious Rick Priestley himself to judge the entries, and I'm amazed to say, I won!

Here's what the rules maestro had to say:

"Abdul Goldberg in the flesh... and what a lot of it! I enjoyed reading of Abd-El's exploits throughout time (and various editions) of the 40K background. A good effort that man! It's also a really nice conversion from an interesting source - and the two bodyguards are nicely envisaged too. It certainly ticks all the Rogue Trader boxes - and some extra just to be sure. I also liked the fact that you don't give away what he looks like... the mystery remains... mysterious"

High praise indeed! Must admit, it was nice to win something modelling related, it's been a while. The 1988 Golden Demon Awards I think, and even then I only got the a runner up prize!

I think really, after winning for me, it's only fair that I get him into a game at some point. More news on that when I paint up a pirate warband for him!

11 comments:

  1. Well done mate, he deserves to get shot at as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congratulations. I agree, he needs to get some new holes/scars soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that naked belly flesh gives me the creeps. What a character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. There was some stiff competition over there, so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well deserved win indeed & what a way to win too! Getting a pat on the back by the man himself is more than any of us old groganrds could ever dream of. You can die a happy & contented man now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mini - and congratulations on the win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, a well deserved victory over a very strong field of contenders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! And how great to get praise from the created of RT himself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thoroughly well deserved. It was a tough competition but I think RP got it right.

    ReplyDelete